A Little Bit About Me

Hey Girls!

My name is Rose. I've been interested in makeup and beauty my whole life. I decided to create this blog so that I could share my beauty tips and tricks with you, all my viewers. Its a great way to show you our personalities, and talk about our favorite thig: makeup! I hope you find this blog useful, if there's anything I can do to make it more helpful to you, or any requests you have for a post, please feel free to let me know. Also, if you like this blog, spread the news about it! As a blogger, its difficult to get many followers when you're just starting out, but you guys can help me by telling your friends that are interested in makeup about my blog! If you have any questions or comments, or you have a beauty article or video you'd like to share, please email me at rosebeauty17@rocketmail.com.

Thanks so much :)



xoxo,

Rose

Thursday, March 11, 2010

e.l.f. Haul!!
























Omg! Yesterday my friend, Emma came over, and to our surprise, on my doorstep was a package from e.l.f. I, being completely psyched, sprinted inside screaming, Emma joined in too. We went to my room and ripped open the package. Sorting and investigating everything within. Just as an fyi: I purchased a palette and a compact, Emma got a blush, compact, and some brushes (you can check out her blog for more details). You can find all this stuff online at www.eyeslipsface.com. Pictures at the top.

I'll start with the compact (Custom Elements: Custom Compact, $1). It's pearly white with 4 pan spaces (for pan eye shadows...mac, milani, elf, etc) inside, as well as a small brush in the middle. I had two eye shadows to put in it, both without names or brands on the bottom of the pans. Not much help to you guys, sorry. Let me just say, this palette is AMAZING!!! Plus, it has a huge mirror inside (well, huge compared to the size of the compact :).

Next, I looked at the eye shadow palette (The Beauty Encyclopedia: Eyes, $5). Its about the size of a typical book, and it looks like a book too. Inside are 12 regular eye shadows, all in relatively neutral-y and smokey shades. These eye shadows are absolutely amazing. They are so smooth and pigmented. They are all shimmery except on matte, pure white shade (excellent for highlighting!). This palette also includes 2 creme eyeshadows. One a light shimmery golden color, and the other a shimmering beige-ish color. Both wonderful for a natural look. At the bottom of the palette is a sample size black defining eyeliner (its a sample, but its a pretty good size, nothing tiny, like you'd expect) and a brush/sponge applicator. I love this product, and for only five bucks, there's nothing to lose.

Alright, the last product I got wasn't something I purchased. It was an additional deal thing, where if you recommended 5 friends to e.l.f. you'd get a free gift. Of course, I filled out the five email addresses and recieved a free gift. I was expecting some small, cheap "free gift" that was actually an overstock or something (lol, right?!). To my surprise, the gift was a real product, sold on the website for $1. It's called e.l.f. Candy Shop LipGloss, in the flavor/color: melon mayhem. This is a great peachy-pink gloss, and it's really glossy, even though it's a solid gloss :)



No comments: